Hot damn, that's a beautiful car. I've got a passion for English sportscars. Wish I still owned this baby. Photo: Eastern Oregon camping trip circa 1973.
Yes, I'm photo archieving - boxes and boxes of them.
Absolutely - it happened on the freeway, loaded to the gills, during a house move. On the same day, car stopped running and I coasted off the freeway to the nearest house (downward, ha!), and went knocking on a door to borrow some pliers. Some necessary spring to fuel line had detached - and for some exceedingly odd reason I knew how to find and fix the problem. Also the same car whose side curtains were stolen - the villains.
Pinned. Can’t move. Pressure on my chest. Gripped by terror. Can’t breathe. Heart pounding so hard I’m afraid it will burst from my chest. Pinned. Can’t move. Can’t breathe. I try to fight, can’t move. Groan. I hear “you’re dreaming, wake up” And reality breaks through the surface of the nightmare. I awake drenched in sweat, gasping for breath. This Is A Theme Thursday Post. Click this link to check out what others have written on the subject of surface.
It is dark and dank in this place. And scary. The smell of pigeon shit and fusty soil are stuck in my nasal passages as I crouch, a loaded AK47 grasped so tightly in my right hand it makes an IMPRESSION. Heavy mud caked on my overalls weighs me down as I inch along toward safety. Flashes of gunfire light up the night sky behind me, followed abruptly by the cacophony of automatic weapons discharging. In that brief instant of light I can see I’m on the right path. My heart beats rapidly, fear makes my breathing hard. I hear a whisper. “Susan. Keep coming this way. Keep down.” Thank God, it’s Kevin. Kevin, my fearless and athletic lover, leads me through a maze of crumbling buildings away from our enemies. I stay at his heels as we slither through oozing mud, bird crap, and who knows what else, to a nearby two-story house, our reconnaissance point. I send a silent pray of thankfulness to the heavens when we reach the interior unscathed. A wave of light from another burst of gunfire expo...
A man is a room. There are no doors or windows. The only things in the room (besides the man) Are a table and a mirror. How can he escape? Simple. He looks into the mirror And sees what he saw. With that saw he cuts the table in half. Two halves make a whole. So he climbs out the hole. This story problem just popped into my head, I remember it from 7th grade algebra. Really, does that seem like a math lesson? Or logic? Hmmm, not sure if it was worth using gray matter all these many years – but there it was, waiting for just this moment in my life. This Is A Theme Thursday Post. Click this link to check out what others have written on the subject of "Mirror".
Comments